This policy may be viewed in PDF form by clicking on the following link:-
This statement applies solely to information collected at Kiwi Plant Ltd's (KPL) web site. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that KPL does not own or control, or to people that KPL does not employ or manage.
- KPL believes the responsible use of personal information is important and is committed to respecting your privacy.
- KPL respects each individuals right to personal privacy and we will collect and use information through our web site only in the ways disclosed in this statement.
- You can visit our web site without telling us who you are or revealing personal information.
Part 1 Information Collection
KPL collects information in the following ways:- You may chose to provide us with information such as your name, home or business address, and e-mail address. Non-identifiable information about you that help us to develop our website in the form of cookies.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computers hard drive. Depending on your web browser settings you may be asked permission for this to happen. Once the cookie is added it can be used to analyse web traffic, allow a web site to know you have previously visited and to respond to you as an individual and tailor it's operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website by monitoring which pages are used most and how the web site is used. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or provides us with any uniquely identifiable information.
Part 2 Information Usage
KPL uses information provided for the following general purposes:-
- To fulfil your requests for products and services.
- To contact you about specials and new products.
- To improve our services.
KPL retains information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of services that we offer, and may combine information about you to create a customer profile. We may supplement information collected at our web site with data from other sources such as information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
Part 3 Information Sharing And Disclosure
KPL will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
KPL will only disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:-
- We have your consent.
- We need to disclose your information to companies who work for, or on behalf of KPL to provide the product or service you have requested. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights.
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- We transfer information about you if KPL is acquired by, or merged with another company.
Part 4 Access To Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Privacy Act 1993. A small fee may be payable if any costs are incurred by KPL.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the privacy officer at Kiwi Plants Ltd.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices please contact our privacy officer.
Part 5 Problem Resolution
If privacy issues arise users may contact KPL by letter, fax or email. We are committed to resolving disputes in a timely manner.
Part 6 Data Storage And Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees and sub-contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or sevices to you or in order to do their jobs.
Part 7 Links To Other Sites
Our web site contains links to other websites. Once you have used these links to leave our site you should be aware that we do not have any control over that other web site and therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting those sites. Those sites are not governed by this privacy statement and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question as their standards may differ from ours.
KPL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2008.